Food Friday - Berry Cheesecake Bars
These are so delicious and a great treat when you want a little dessert or sweet snack.
These are so delicious and a great treat when you want a little dessert or sweet snack. I got this recipe from The Big Book of Ketogenic Diet Cooking - a book I've actually gotten a lot of good recipes out of!
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons confectioners’ erythritol
- 2 tablespoons frozen blueberries or mixed berries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, baking powder, and erythritol.
- Using a hand mixer or an immersion blender, mix thoroughly until completely smooth.
- Line a small casserole or loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the mixture into it.
- Drop the blueberries in last, distributing them evenly so you get some in every bar. They will sink as they cook, so do not mix.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until just set but still with a little jiggle.
- Cool completely, flip the dish upside down, cut into bars, and serve.