Food Friday - Big Mac Salad
A super easy and very tasty meal!
It’s recipe day! This is one of my absolute favorites to make because it tastes so good and it’s so easy. And I’ve made this for quite a few people and it’s always a hit!
BIG MAC SALAD
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (high quality avocado oil based is best - avoid vegetable oil based)
- 4 tsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sweetener - erythritol is what I use
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dill pickles
- Make the dressing. Mix mayo, diced pickles, mustard, vinegar, onion, paprika and Swerve. Set aside while you get the other ingredients together.
- Heat a 10-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add the ground beef, smash it to break up the clumps, and cook until it's almost cooked through. Add salt and pepper and finish cooking it all the way.
- While the ground beef is browning, chop lettuce. Slice onions and then cut into half. Roughly chop pickles..
- When you are ready to serve the salad, mix the lettuce, onions, pickles, and cheese. Put into four bowls. Add in ¼ of the ground beef mixture into each bowl. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
The sauce will keep for at least a week in the fridge so make double--or quadruple! Not only does it get better with time, but it also works well with a variety of salads and grilled meats. Great for dipping grilled chicken as well.
I originally found this recipe online here.