Food Friday - Mini Baked Quiches
We almost always eat “breakfast” food for lunch and I made these mini baked quiches for lunch this week and really enjoyed them!
We almost always eat “breakfast” food for lunch and I made these mini baked quiches for lunch this week and really enjoyed them! I got this recipe from the Keto for Dummies book by Rami and Vicky Abrams. It doesn’t say in the recipe how big a serving size is or how many muffins it should make but for me it made 12 muffins. I ate two but I felt like I needed a snack just a little while later so I would either eat three next time or I would maybe add some cheese and/or avocado to the top and maybe have a piece of sausage or bacon with it. They were very tasty though and you could change these up with different veggies or do whatever you wanted to spice them up how you like. :) (And sorry for the pic. I love photography but food photography is not my strength! hahaha!)
PREP TIME: 10 MIN | COOK TIME: 25 MIN | YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 ounces white mushrooms, diced
4 ounces diced tomatoes
¼ cup diced red onion
2 cloves minced garlic
6 large eggs
½ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms, tomatoes, red onion, and garlic; then cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, parsley, salt, and pepper until pale.
- Stir in the cooked vegetables and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, filling the cups evenly.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes until the eggs are set and the tops are lightly browned.
- Cool completely; then remove from the tin and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
PER SERVING: Calories 329 (From Fat 232); Fat 26g (Saturated 13g); Cholesterol 342mg; Sodium 445mg; Carbohydrate 7g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Net Carbohydrate 6g; Protein 18g
They were full on top like a muffin when I first took them out but then the middle collapsed immediately. lol! I’m not sure if that was supposed to happen but they still tasted great! :)