This is a little twist on how I've always had tuna salad and it was very good! I found this in the book Dirty, Lazy, Keto 5 Ingredient Cookbook (along with tons of other great recipes!) and we definitely enjoyed having this for lunch. We ate it on a bed of spinach to get in a little more veggies and have something to put it on rather than the usual bread/sandwich the way most would eat it.
- 1 (5-ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 medium stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons full-fat mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve chilled.
TIPS & OPTIONS
For variety, consider adding a chopped hard-boiled egg to the mix.
Choose tuna packed in oil (not water). Not only will it taste better, the added fat will help keep you feeling fuller for longer.